Hello everybody! The following recipe was submitted to inthevendee.com by Renee Schouten-Janssen and we can't wait to try it! In starting this recipe corner and writing down my recipes the most difficult task is to figure out "how much of that do I use?" .... I love that Renée is just such a cook too! Truth is, for recipes such as this it's okay to have a starting point and adjust to your taste as you go along.
Let's head to Renée's kitchen for her delicious soup!
Ingredients and preparation - Enchilada Soep met Kip
For 4- 6 people
- Chicken thighs
- 2 cans of peeled tomatoes
- 1 or 2 chopped onions
- Chopped garlic
- 2 TBSP flour
- Chili flakes
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Can of corn
- Red kidney beans and/ or black beans canned
- 3 liters chicken stock
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs.
- Fry the chicken skin in a pan crispy.
- Take the crispy skin out of the pan (you can eat it now).
- Fry the rest of the chicken in the chicken fat (in the same pan). Don't completely cook it. Then let it cool down.
- When cooled, remove the chicken from the bone and cut it small.
- Make salsa in the same pan with:
- chicken fat from frying the chicken
- chopped onion
- chili flakes
- fresh garlic (chopped small)
- coriander powder
- cumin powder
- Add: 2-3 tablespoons farine fluide (=flour) and stir
- Add: 1-2 tins of peeled tomatoes in pieces
Cooking in the slow-cooker or a large pot (preferably in the slow cooker so the flavours can incorporate)
- Pour the salsa and chicken pieces together in a large pan or slow cooker
- Add chicken stock
- Add can of corn
- Add brown/red or black beans
- The chicken is cooked quickly, so let it simmer slowly (preferably in the slow cooker) so that the flavours can be absorbed.
- Taste and adjust to your own taste. I put a lot of cumin powder in it myself, delicious!
Serve the soup as a meal with rustic bread.
Bonus: you can make this soup to be frozen for future use when you don't have time to cook.
Would you like to submit a recipe to inthevendee.com? Join our Facebook group and send your recipe with original pictures (we will adjust them and optimize them) to email@example.com
Share this Post