la Vendée Arctique – Les Sables d’Olonne 85100
From 06/04/2022 to 06/12/2022
Every day. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
85100 LES SABLES D’OLONNE
Explanation from the https://www.vendeearctique.org/ site
“First qualifying race for the Vendée Globe 2024 A unique, engaging and demanding course
Alone, non-stop and without assistance: the fundamentals of the Vendée Globe are back from 2022!
The Arctic Vendée – Les Sables d’Olonne is the first qualifying race for the 2024 Vendée Globe. The boats will set off from Les Sables d’Olonne on Sunday June 12 for a demanding course of 3,500 miles in the waters of the Far North. The sailing conditions promise to be tough, similar to those encountered in a Vendée Globe. This will allow new skippers entering the IMOCA class to better understand their mounts and to enter the Arctic Circle for the first time, solo.
In order to be on the starting line of the Vendée Arctique, the skippers must finish before May 14, at their choice:
> The Guyader – Bermuda 1,000 Race (equivalent to 1,200 nautical miles)
> A course of 800 nautical miles
> Two qualifying courses, the sum of which is equivalent to 1,000 nautical miles. ”
Follow the race live, attend Lives with the skippers and take part in Arctic-themed events.
– From 4 to 12 June: Departure Village. Discover the IMOCAs moored at the Port Olona pontoon (closed on June 13 and 14).
– Saturday June 4: Speed runs at 5.30 p.m. and presentation of the skippers at 9.30 p.m.
– Friday, June 10 (evening): Grand concert.
– Saturday June 12: Start of the race: ascent of the channel from 1 p.m. and top start at 5 p.m.
– From June 15 to 26: Race & Arrivals Village (4 p.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at weekends)
– Tuesday June 21: Music Festival.
– Sunday, June 26: Prize giving.
Organized by SAEM Vendée, the organizing company of the Vendée Globe.